Thursday, April 2, 2015

B is for Being Unstoppable

BEING UNSTOPPABLE!  This is Day Two of the A-Z Blog Challenge, and Being Unstoppable is something every writer needs. There are ups and downs in this business, most of them emotional. I never thought being a writer would require so much inner strength. Weathering the ups and downs, sometimes the miscommunications that can occur when you are dealing with people through the internet and not in person, wanting to do everything "right" when there is no "right" way to do things, except,

Just doing them!

The key for me is not letting things that could, snag me. I could dwell or worry about all sorts of things. I like this quote from Mark Twain" "I worried about a lot of things in my lifetime, and some of them actually happened."

Being easy to start and hard to stop is what I go for. Some of my regular readers will remember this example, because I think about it every day. When you are getting the locomotive going (and that can be your writing career, your new venture, any new huge project) at first you step on that pedal, and no matter how hard you step on it, that locomotive is only going to start up at one speed, and it's slow. You're bouncing around on that pedal, and no matter how hard you push, the train will only start up so fast. Then momentum builds. At that point, when you're gliding down the rails, you can take your foot off the pedal and for a long time, that train will keep moving regardless of the lack of effort on your part. And yes, eventually, it will slow and stop again.

The hard work starts at the front end. Everyone knows this. I'm going to momentum, a long-lasting career that will build on itself. One day at a time, one story, book at a time, one communication or fan at a time. Maybe it won't always be this hard or require so much of my energy. But either way, I'm going to be hard to stop.

To visit the other sites on the A-Z Blog Hop, be sure to click on the A-Z button at the bottom of this page and choose one of the other 2000 blogs to read. Thanks for showing up today! Have a beautiful, unstoppable Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment