Thursday, July 20, 2017

Rich Like Chocolate, Strong Like Coffee, and then there's Berzerker....

If you hadn't met me, you'd think I was seriously mixed up. Well, maybe I am. Here I like flowers and gardening, romance and all that goes with it. Expensive lingerie and kids and family and kisses. Going barefoot at the beach, and Happily Ever After.

But I also love my men to be men. Having a man's man around makes it easier to be a woman, I mean a real woman. That is different things to different people. But I find a man who respects women, who honors our country and protects me and my freedoms, is worthy of my undying love and loyalty. It is something bred into my DNA. I can't speak for all women, but this is what it is for me.

So when I read about this real hero, believe it or not, it makes me want to sit down and write romance. I can't explain it, but it brings out all the romance in my body and soul. I'm sure there is some biological chemical reaction to this, which is way beyond me, and not important for me to understand fully. It is what it is.

I'd like to share this interview with the folks at Black Rifle Coffee Company. I am a coffee club member, and I get these shipments regularly, and I have since stopped buying anything from those big box places. This company is owned and operated by Veterans, who help other veterans. And it's darned good coffee too. I love their attitude, their very non-PC approach to freedom, living a life full-out, and being men among men and the women who are lucky enough to love them. It's a family and kith not everyone can understand.

But I love them dearly.

So hope you'll read this newsletter, and perhaps subscribe yourself. And with your first cup of Joe, you let me know which blend is your favorite. I haven't tried Berzerker Blend, but I'll be ordering it today.

My favorite so far is Black Beard's Delight, with the flag logo of Edward Teach, the most notorious pirate of the Caribbean. I got the patch, the hat and the thermos to go along with it.

Enjoy and I hope I've expanded your world today.

Here's an excerpt from their blog and the link to read more:

Kyle Lamb is a man who has lived a life most can’t even dream of. He grew up in a small town in South Dakota, but by the age of 24 he had been selected into the most elite special operations unit in the military. He went on to serve in “The Unit” for the next fifteen years with deployments to Somalia, Bosnia, and Iraq on multiple occasions (among many others).
Since Kyle’s retirement from the Army, he has authored two books on topics ranging from marksmanship to leadership, and founded Viking Tactics, Inc. which specializes in tactical training and equipment. You may have even seen some of his articles in Guns & Ammo Magazine, or his face on the Outdoor Channel.
Black Rifle Coffee recently caught up with Kyle to talk about everything from combat in Mogadishu to his passion for history. Check it out:
You spent the vast majority of your career as a member of the military’s premiere special missions unit. There’s a lot of mystique that (rightfully) surrounds that world, but what is the one thing that would surprise most people about what it’s like to live that life?
Probably how normal those guys are. Not everyone there is like that, but there are a lot of really normal husbands and dads. They go to work in street clothes, then put on their commando costume and go do crazy stuff. Everyone expects those guys to look and act a certain way, but a lot of them aren’t like that at all. Their neighbors don’t even know what they do. It’s just a different world.
You can read more here.
Have a powerful day and enjoy your freedoms.

9 comments:

  1. God bless them. Buck Sexton interviewed them on his radio show the other day. Amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a coffee lover, so I am really intrigued by this, I will have to try them out and I love their packaging too, it tickles my graphic designer mind :D
    Read the interview on their website, quite interesting. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love their Black Beards blend. Very special and smooth taste. I can only imagine what Berzerker will taste like...

      Delete
  3. I love your comments about a man's man and men who honor our country. I come from a very military family; both parents served along with two of my three brothers and myself. I try to support veteran owned companies as much as I can. I will be looking forward to buying coffee from Black Rifle Coffee Company. I buy my brothers and myself T shirts from another company who are also not PC about fighting for freedom and my brothers love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome. You are a brother to me as well, Though I have not fought for this country, my job is to support those who do. Thanks for understanding. God bless you for serving, and how wonderful you come from a lineage of heroes. What an honor you would comment here. Come back again, friend and fellow traveler.

      Delete
  4. As long as it is strong I am sure my hubby would love their coffee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trust me, it's strong! With names like Gunship Black, and Just Black, and Black Beard's Delight, they make some very very very dark stuff. And it's still smooth as silk. Give them a try.

      Delete