Sunday, April 29, 2012

Y is for You'll Know When You Get There

Welcome back to almost the end of the A-Z Blog Challenge. My theme has been the Letters of Gratitude.

Like I mentioned in yesterday's post, I'm in San Diego, taking a class for my Real Estate business. It is 3 intense days from 7:30-7:30 at night. I am exhausted. Not been on the computer much (well, I guess I can do that afterall), and trying to cram all the numbers and ideas into my head. Honestly, I can't think straight.

So, in order to lighten up my day, I'm posting the top ten reasons YOU'LL KNOW WHEN YOU GET THERE.

*****Idiot Alert*****This post has no redeeming value*****

10.  One of the several characters in your head said you'd arrived.
9.    No one else is anywhere around you.
8.    You now know being lost is normal. Being found is close to going to jail.
7.    Your computer keys are worn out and they smell like salmon.
6.    The review you got for your last book made you blush, and then you realized it was written by your father.
5.    You find yourself staring at kissing couples.
4.    You talk to books in the library.
3.    The books talk back.
2.    You're starting to think the garbage men uniforms are sexy.

And the number one reason you'll know when you get there is:

1.    Your dog whispers in your ear, "I always knew you were crazy."

Humor. Friends. New Words. Good Books. Jimmy Thomas. Great stories. For all these things, I'm grateful!

9 comments:

  1. I don't know about "no" redeeming value. It made me laugh. I think laughter counts for something.

    Keep breathing. In a few more days, it will be over.

    Some of these might make an interesting short story... like a hero who's a garbage man... Sorry, I have a habit of tossing out ideas. Can't seem to help myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. What I love about you, Judy. Keep tossing them out.

      Delete
    2. Careful, Sharon. You may unleash a monster. :-)

      Delete
  2. Whaddya mean, " no redeeming value"....this was excellent and funny. I enjoyed it! Keep doing what you are doing, you're doing just fine! ":) ~R

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL.Thanks for stopping by. I'll be a better buddy when I get home and get done with this mind-numbing class.

      Delete
  3. I agree with Raymond! Hope the class is over now so you can take a break. Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funny list! And good luck on your class.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Jessica. Wonderful to see you here. Please do come again...

      Delete